I have attended a few AT Expos over the years because it is such an important event. I am always curious about what is new and I want to try out the "solutions" and ask questions to the students and vendors. Afterwards I have tended to leave a comment sheet with suggestions, of course. When asked if I would help coordinate the AT Expo, my only question was timing as I just love the opportunity to work on this project! Individuals on the planning committee are strong advocates in this arena and their hearts are in this. I am thankful I am working with them!
We are very excited to have UW students from different departments showcasing their projects. New this year will be a Health and Wellness panel with 4 people with disabilities discussing adaptive kayaking, sit skiing with the Berki last year and adaptive rowing, handcycling and adaptive camping. We are happy to have our key note speaker, Dr. Roger O. Smith, Professor of Occupational Therapy, College of Health Sciences (CHS), University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee.
written by Monica KamalRossa, planning member with the Madison SCI Group http://www.sci-madison.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment